Applicants must be New Zealand citizens, be at least 20 years of age, and be willing to undergo a comprehensive security vetting process.
The GCSB is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to enhancing the diversity of our workforce.
To apply, please forward an up-to-date CV and completed application form to the email address noted in the advert. If you have any further queries, please contact us by calling 04 498 7663.
Reference Number: D/2/16353
The Government Communications Security Bureau (GCSB) is seeking a Watch Officer to join its New Zealand SIGINT Operations Centre (NZSOC) in Wellington.
The NZSOC provides a 24/7 watch and warn service to GCSB and selected New Zealand government agencies.
To be a success in this role is expected that you will have a good level of maturity and awareness, attention to detail and a strong commitment to provide an effective and reliable service to internal and external customers. It is also expected that you will have;
- A genuine demonstrated interest in current world affairs
- Confident oral presentation skills and excellent written skills in order to collate and prepare briefings and reports
- Computer literacy with the ability and willingness to learn new IT systems and processes
- Sound judgment and the ability to make decisions in a sometimes pressured environment
- Willingness to work on a 24/7 rotating shift roster
- A strong work ethic and be recognised as a team player
This is an opportunity to work at the heart of New Zealand’s security operations.
Successful candidates must be New Zealand citizens and will be required to undergo vetting for a Top Secret security clearance, so utmost integrity and trustworthiness is required.
How to apply
Applications must include a completed application form, that can be downloaded from this website, a current CV and cover letter. These should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number D/2/16353.
Only completed applications will be progressed. Please direct any enquiries regarding this role to email@example.com
Applications close Thursday 13 March.