Our job is protecting and enhancing New Zealand's security and wellbeing.
GCSB contributes to:
- The protection of New Zealand’s national security
- The international relations and well-being of New Zealand
- The economic well-being of New Zealand.
GCSB do this by:
- Providing protective security services, advice and assistance, including information assurance and cybersecurity activities
- Collecting and analysing intelligence in accordance with the Government’s priorities
- Co-operating with NZSIS and co-operating and providing advice and assistance to New Zealand Defence Force and New Zealand Police.
The New Zealand Security Operations Centre (NZSOC) at GCSB also provides a 24-hour 7-day threat warning service based on the combined efforts of the Five-Eyes watch-keeping services. NZSOC brings together information from a variety of sources in order to alert the New Zealand Government to incidents and threats around the world in a timely manner.